No, I’m not talking about the annoying dance move that became an internet craze back in 2015. Dabbing is actually a consumption method for CBD.
Dabbing is a popular method of consumption as it tends to offer a greater absorption rate to conventional methods.
It simply involves vaporising concrete cannabis, for a more potent result.
What Are CBD Dabs?
CBD Dabs, or sometimes called CBD Concentrate, is a concentrated form of CBD (you might have guessed that from the alternative name).
There are a number of different versions of CBD dabs, such as CBD crystals, wax, shatter and crumble.
What Is The Difference Between The Different CBD Dabs?
The most significant difference is the consistency and texture they come in, the presence of moisture and heat levels during the procedure of creation.
If they’re aggressively whipped, it will often create a crumbly wax. Alternatively, shatter is often left alone during the extraction process rather than agitating it, to create that clear sheen.
If you opt for an isolate, these will often come in a powder form and can be around 99% CBD, however you can also get the isolate as a slab, which is proving increasingly popular.
What Are The Pro’s To CBD Dabbing?
- Compared to other conventional methods, CBD dabbing is known to be much more fast acting.
- As well as being fast acting, they’re known to also have a greater absorption rate.
- You don’t require as much of the hemp plant matter to get the results you require.
- If you require zero THC then an isolate can provide a form of guarantee in this regard.
- Unlike vape oils, which tend to be mixed with other ingredients, dabbing tends not to require anything else, making a more potent version and less chemical additions.
What Are The Con’s To CBD Dabbing?
- With CBD oil, you can drop it straight under your tongue, or with gummies you chew away with no explanation really required, however dabbing is a bit more of a lengthy process which you will have to get used to.
- In my past experience, it was a bit messy and fidgety (except for crumble).
- The price isn’t exactly cheap currently, however this might change over time.
- Most people I have spoken to have fed back to me that the effects of dabbing didn’t last anywhere near as long as CBD oil, so it has a more potent effect but shorter lasting supposedly.
How Long Does A CBD Dab Last?
The answer is effected by a number of factors, such as how much you consumed, your tolerance levels, your weight etc, but in general you should notice the effects of CBD dabbing for around 2-3 hours.
How Do You Dab CBD?
Firstly, what dabbing decide will you be using? There are actually a lot to choose from, it can be a bit of a head scratcher at first, while they also seem to be increasingly complex as technology advances.
It could be a simple dab pen, or an e-rig, or even a butane torch! I have a portable vaporizer which I found quite cool.
I have been guilty of predominantly using dab pens, largely because they’re the easiest for the initial setup. If you’re using an e-device, then it really requires no real directions (albeit there may be some with your pack) as it’s very straight forward.
Dab rigs and butane torches tend to be the item of choice for experienced or traditional cannabis users. If this is your plan, then you simply turn on the torch, flame the nail, turn off the torch, allow to cool a bit, then add the wax to the nail and inhale.
Will I Get High From CBD Dabbing?
The answer to your question depends on the quantity of THC in the product you chose. For it to be legally sold in the UK, there must be exceptionally low levels of THC.
Also, if you’re opting for an isolate, this means CBD has been isolated during the extraction process, removing other cannabinoids such as THC.
So have you tried dabbing? What did you think of it? Let me know in the comments below!